Disclaimer - If you find any grammatical errors or misspelled words and it bothers you...breathe and then go get the help you need. I am a human being, not a machine. I make mistakes and so do you. Enjoy! :D

Okay it has come to my attention that I have not written in my blog for some time now. According to my astrological calculations, over one month...unacceptable. I know everyone is just dying to hear what I have to say, right?....*insert sounds of crickets* Well at least the crickets will listen then.
    Thought I would take a moment to just talk about ideas for writing. The question I get asked, more often than not, is "Where do you come up with all of this stuff?" ( aka, books ideas ) The question seems simple enough, but unfortunately there is no simple answer...if a definite one at all. I blame it on my over-active imagination. When I was young I remember fighting off invisible monsters and going on adventures in my own backyard. I remember being obsessed with dinosaurs, fighting hordes of tyrannosaurs and other meat-eaters off with fake guns and swords in my grandma's backyard for hours on end...go ahead and laugh, I'd still do it if it didn't draw so many weird stares from people. I think all children have imaginations like this, well at least I hope they do, all that video game playing nowadays has probably stunted some of that creative time consumption...but I digress. But I feel my imagination probably was stretching the limits of "normal" for that time in my life, I still think it does even today.
     An over-active imagination and the ideas you pull from it are almost as much as a gift as they are a curse. I swear to you for every book I finish, 5 ideas have already manifested for new books in the time frame I spent writing the one. It never seems to stop. Ideas for new characters, settings, story lines, they emerge almost every single day of my life. Then I have to take the time to write them down, which is something any writer should do. If you get an idea for a character, general story idea, or even something as seemingly insignificant as a quirky conversation between 2 characters, WRITE IT DOWN. I have made the mistake too often in the past of imagining story elements that I simply figured I would remember at a later time and "poof" they are gone just like that. So don't be lazy like that, carry a notebook with you or type that idea down in your smartphone notepad, you'll be glad you did. Again, I don't care how insignificant the idea seems. I have post-it notes lying around with a character's name and then just one sentence of dialogue he/she spoke that just popped up in my head and I thought "I need to write this down."
    The problem with most of my ideas is they are just random things that sometimes have nowhere to be placed at the time of their inception. It is then up to me to, sort of, lay them out like a jigsaw puzzle and figure out in what story, and at what part, they go in. Though this is discussed in the preface of "Catahoula" I remember doing research for "Kentucky Moon" I had went out a purchased a dog breed book. While taking notes on hound dogs I came across the Catahoula Leopard Dog. I was absolutely taken aback by that breed. The roughness, beauty, and the breed's overall obscurity to the general public is what drew me in so much. And just like that, I started imagining this Walt Disneyish story, with an animated motif. A Catahoula Leopard Dog named Jasper, on the road trying to find a home in the swamps of Louisiana.  And just like that, another story was born by doing nothing but simple research for a current work at that time.
    It is as insane as it is fantastic when and where you will come up with stories. I still do not, and will never, fully understand where all of this stuff comes from. When I really sit down an dwell on the genesis of every story I have done and every story that will be done by me, it is almost eerie. The way they end up falling into place, all those misplaced ideas and characters. Where do they really come from? Why are there so many? Why will they not stop? I am sure some writer's would be over the moon with problems like this. Again, it feels like a curse and a blessing rolled into one. I just picture the inside of my head in sections, the largest one being a factory that dishes out nothing but ideas for fiction writing. Each idea falls off the conveyor belt onto the floor and I am standing there trying to put all of them together while the idea machine itself never turns off, just continually spits these story elements out with no end.
    So what sort of advice can I give to someone looking for inspiration for a story? Well, I can suggest this...the lion's share of ideas that come to me are while I listen to music. If it was not for music I doubt I would have created any books for people to read. The thought of a world without music is...well, unthinkable. Music is tied to us humans on some otherworldly level that I can not even begin to comprehend. It makes us happy, sad, angry, inspired. It makes us laugh, cry, hope, smile, gives us chills, and makes us despair. It hand dips us into a spectral caldron of emotions that few things on this earth can mimic. I say, with little doubt, that music has played some part in curing diseases, ending wars, and creating life. In short, it is "omnipotent candy you insert into your ear to feed the soul itself". I take it I need not go into much further detail as to why music helps me with my writing. If you don't already agree with me on this, just take some time to listen to some of your favorite tunes and just let your mind go...just see where it takes you. Some of my favorite places to listen to music for inspiration are driving in the car or while taking a shower, but honestly anywhere where you are by yourself works well.
  Another place where you can possibly pull ideas from is the night itself. Dreams and nightmares can play a pivotal role in seeking out material for writing. Let's not kid ourselves, the dream realm is a place rife with interesting settings and absolute insanity...what better place to get inspired and pick the fruits of your subconscious and dine on them. Just remember to write those crazy ideas down before you get too awake. For some reason or other the mind seems to slowly erase the remembrance of your dreams as the day progresses, so don't dawdle...yes I just used the word dawdle in 2013.
Though the suggestion of dream inspired ideas is something I admittedly do not use much myself, it may work very well for some...music is definitely my ultimate, be all-end all muse for writing.
 Well I hope someone, somewhere got something out of this drivel. The plain fact of the matter is I can't really tell anyone how or why these ideas for stories come to me, they are simply "just there". Unfortunately with that said, I would find it a near impossibility to properly teach someone "how to come up with story ideas". Maybe some of us are born with overactive portions of our brain ( i.e neocortex, thalamus, dipery doomus, twinkie biscuit ) okay those last 2 are not parts of the brain...but they should be. Perhaps ideas are just given to us by a higher power, or maybe we are seeing into other dimensions and pulling pieces back with us. The bottom line? No one knows for sure why some of us can come up with a thousand stories and the next can hardly come up with one...so let's just relax and enjoy those stories while we still can.

Comments

02/22/2014 11:33pm

All people like this article! Thanks a lot!

04/10/2014 11:04pm

I like it.

08/20/2014 12:48am

Managing Your SMB-IT Without Server

You have a small business. You have been running Windows Small Business Server 2003 for six years, and you know that it is time to retire it. The question is, what should replace it? Before you make any definitive decisions, why not review what you need your server to do: File Server Mail Server Internet…

08/25/2014 8:12am

I was suggested this web site by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my trouble. You are amazing! Thanks!

05/06/2015 4:21pm

Hello there, simply become aware of your weblog through Google, and found that it's truly informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels. I will appreciate for those who proceed this in future. Numerous other folks might be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

05/12/2015 3:38am

Hello there! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after browsing through a few of the articles I realized it's new to me. Nonetheless, I'm certainly delighted I found it and I'll be book-marking it and checking back frequently!

02/02/2016 6:52am

I'm pretty pleased to discover this site. I wanted to thank you for ones time just for this wonderful read!! I definitely really liked every part of it and I have you saved as a favorite to see new things on your website.

May I just say what a relief to find someone who truly knows what they're discussing over the internet. You certainly know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people really need to look at this and understand this side of the story. It's surprising you aren't more popular given that you most certainly have the gift.

03/05/2016 1:43am

I've enjoyed your story, very interesting! Thanks!

04/26/2016 9:35am

It is just fantasy like a Deus Ex.

05/17/2016 9:02pm

Hey there! I simply would like to give you a huge thumbs up for the excellent information you have got right here on this post. I am coming back to your web site for more soon.

08/04/2016 3:55am

Do you have any points or suggestions? Cheers

LEAD Consultants understands that without a firm grasp on time, cost and quality combined, the most accurate service as a Quantity Surveyor cannot be provided.

Really New York City, like a number of metropolitan areas. I live to get advice from consultant, I think this barely works for anything! So they get a low score and a better grade, okay.

11/30/2016 7:04am

This blog is awesome.

12/04/2016 2:00pm

It's not really strange to know this issue. It's a good opinion indeed.

12/09/2016 8:41pm

Music is definitely an ultimate thing that is a cause of passion for lot of people. I am also a musician and had done a lot of writing work and inspired by the music.

12/18/2016 5:22am

A large part of your success in trimming the fat around your belly will depend on your diet. While you may know what you need to eat, you should also know what you should avoid.

12/19/2016 3:06am

When we write, it just comes to us. Sometimes, we let our fingers do the work than our minds. I write down whatever comes to my head, no matter how random. I just edit everything the day after. It's the writing at its most raw form; letting the ideas hypnotize you, holding nothing back. That's the beauty of writing.

12/20/2016 6:08am

01/15/2017 8:41pm

jac 10th class results 2017

01/17/2017 1:23am

I am thankful to this blog for assisting me. I added some specified clues which are really important for me to use them in my writing skill. Really helpful stuff made by this blog.

01/20/2017 10:50pm

www.tnresults.nic.in

02/26/2017 5:47am

If you're looking at a sewing machine for sale, there are many factors that you need to consider before you make that purchase.

I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.

Areas simply will not assist long-term!

03/11/2017 9:53am

Because you have observed, weight reduction pads might seem just like a wonder remedy however they not necessarily almost all they are yet to damaged as much as become.

Look into the backlinks beneath regarding weight reduction guidance that really functions.

The Tablet May Recover Your own Intimate Lifestyle Sexual unarguably is among the greatest presents associated with character, and also to betray sexual intercourse is the same as betraying character by itself.

03/11/2017 3:09pm

This method works well however it still can't really assist you to determine the actual tone of voice from the individual speaking.

03/11/2017 3:09pm

The process on most teleconference get togethers would be to determine your self before you decide to talk.

03/11/2017 3:09pm

This can certainly assist you to ensure that you understand who you might be talking with as well as tackle her or him correctly.

03/11/2017 3:09pm

3) Highlight along with intonation quick Keep in mind that you don't possess the energy of the existence to be able to allow the individuals really feel your own excitement in regards to a task.

03/11/2017 3:10pm

You must also remember that infecting individuals with your personal excitement is the greatest point that can be done to market your own item.

03/11/2017 3:10pm

How can you do that, once the greatest weaponry you might have, body gestures as well as face appearance, are created impotent through the moderate?

03/11/2017 11:13pm

something like 20 Wenham observes a simple configuration regarding this21: The.

Every time a individual victims through zinc, also, they are much more vulnerable to intimate disorder.

03/12/2017 1:49pm

Therefore not just are you going to encounter much better sexual intercourse, however, you must end up with increased power, much less anxiety and stress, along with a much more good state of mind.

03/12/2017 4:25pm

Several American herbalists make reference to this particular botanical herb because Ayurvedic ginseng due to its worldwide recognition regarding growing power, power, and also endurance, as well as for the capability to reduce tension.

03/13/2017 1:33pm

And also actually they are doing offer nearly immediate remedy.

03/14/2017 11:04am

Presently there must be a significant closeness along with Our god in order to this kind of level which, such as Robert, Our god is known as 'our Father' within the hey there (II Cor.

03/14/2017 6:13pm

with regard to worry she'd understand a few unusual material have been smeared throughout my own body structure just a couple brief hrs (or actually times.

04/08/2017 3:36am

05/10/2017 6:48am

Hello! This article couldn't be composed any better! Taking a gander at this post reminds me, ay I essentially simply say what a solace to find someone who really comprehends what they're talking about on the web.

I'm pretty pleased to discover this site.

05/18/2017 3:18am

Welcome to Dhl Tracking Official Site Track Dhl Couriers & Parcels By Entering the Dhl Tracking Number

05/25/2017 1:41am

Yes, great US Military force. Also, in his post you have given a chance to listen about US Military. I really appreciate your work. Thanks for sharing it.

06/28/2017 2:13am

In this modernistic times, each and every problem has a quick solution

07/12/2017 6:14am

Dolby has connected for six licenses for the up-terminating Atmos Elevation speaker innovation. Dolby is authorizing this innovation for amplifier producers who wish to offer a Dolby-guaranteed Atmos Elevation module

07/15/2017 3:51am

iroot apk
valcarc@damai.webcam
<a href="https://aboutiroot.wordpress.com/">iroot apk </a>
iRoot Apk Download: iRoot is the propelled rendition of vroot and it accompanies quicker android establishing

capacities and better similarity. It accompanies iRoot APK super-client android application and it is much better

establishing application today.

07/17/2017 9:33am

I like your awesome and briefing information's and i was looking for these types of knowledge.

07/17/2017 11:17am

I want to say that this post is awesome, nice written and come with approximately all significant info. I'd like to look more posts like this.

07/27/2017 4:07am

All people like this article! Thanks a lot!

08/04/2017 3:49am

Dependence Industries is get ready to dispatch highlight telephones with 4G capacity, making another class of cell phones in India in an offer to draw in a huge number of clients to its telecom wander Reliance Jio Infocomm launched JioPhone for free

We specialize in cinematic and story-driven feature and highlight wedding films

09/04/2017 6:15am

In this modernistic times, each and every problem has a quick solution

09/04/2017 6:18am

09/15/2017 3:39am

UNO seems to be running on whimsical perceptions n appears controlled by vested interests. Why is UN not questioning the Muslim agendas on 🌏

Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) is a controlled metal-removal process that is used to remove metal by means of electric spark erosion.

09/20/2017 7:46am